Risk Compliance Manager
Monday – Friday 7:00am – 5:00pm
Manage, supervise, train and motivate the Department employees to achieve the desired departmental goals. Improve company accident rates and driver compliance with the development, implementation, and management of safety awareness programs. Recommend driver remedial training and corrective action programs. Increase driver compliance with hours of service regulations by managing the logs audit systems and holding the appropriate personnel accountable for the audit results.
- Manage Safety Department including performance reviews, schedules, workflow and adherence to company policies
- Responsible for the investigation and evaluation of accidents
- Safety department corrective action liaison to Operations Department and drivers
- Makes recommendations based upon measured performances and develops and implements safety awareness and prevention programs
- Responsible for statistical analysis of accidents management and log compliance on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Gathers, organizes, and analyzes information on problems or procedures and develop solutions or alternative methods to avert losses as well as review Safety Reports and effect changes to reduce losses
- Consults with Operations Management to identify unsafe behaviors and advises of any necessary corrective action plan
- Responsible for training programs and safety classes ensuring they are conducted as designed and directed by the Safety Department
- Audits company facilities for compliance with Big G Express Safety Policies and procedures
- Provides guidance to professional driving fleet regarding local, state, and federal safety related regulations, as well as safety policies and procedures
- Performs Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) audits at company facilities
- Ensures Drug and Alcohol Testing is done in accordance with FMCSA and Big G Express company policy
- Promotes good relations with internal and external customers by coaching and supporting employees on how to find the best solution to safety problems
- Handles on call phone to ensure correct and timely handling of safety matters
- Perform additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction
- Resourceful and creative; Analytical with excellent organization and follow through skills
- Team player and problem solver
- 3-5 years Safety or Transportation Management experience.
- Class A CDL preferred
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Big G Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed here may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
or Complete Application