The job of Operations Manager was established for the purpose/s of managing transportation services; providing information and serving as a resource to the Director of Operations; achieving defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services in compliance with Big G Express objectives as well as all relevant guidelines, codes, and regulations; and supervising and managing assigned staff.
- Provides day-to-day management and/or operating oversight of the company operations department.
- Develops and implements plans targeted to promote the growth and enhancement of Big G operations.
- Works with Big G management team to insure safe and efficient company operations.
- Assesses incidents, complaints, etc. (transportation routes, legal issues, department staffing, etc.) for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g. other administrators, public agencies, transportation regulation agencies, vendors, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs.
- Manages department operations for the purpose of providing services within established time frames and in compliance with related requirements.
- Facilitates and/or participates in meetings and workshops, etc. for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting other staff.
- Performs personnel functions (e.g., interviewing, evaluating, supervising, counseling, disciplining, directing, training, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving department objectives within budget.
- Recommends policies, procedures and/or actions related to Big G Express transportation services for the purpose of providing direction for meeting the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after standard hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Regular attendance is required to maintain a safe and productive work environment
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working with multiple projects, frequent interruptions, and changing work priorities; working with detailed information/data and maintaining accurate records; maintaining confidentiality; and facilitating communication between company personnel.
- Keyboard skills, working knowledge of PC and AS400, Excel, Word, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, excellent time management skills, strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills required.
High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred
Big G Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its workforce. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed here may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
COMPLETE APPLICATION BELOW OR SEND YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Complete Application