Mon - Fri / 7:00am - 5:00pm
Manage the overall planning and coordination of transportation services for the company, using his/her judgment and discretion so as to maximize the efficiency and productivity of the operation.
- Utilize independent judgement and discretion and network balance capacity tools to determine location of trucks and available customer loads; to tailor planning to meet area needs, including loads taken, routes utilized and possible changes or cancellation of load assignments; to understand daily capacity needs/opportunities and proactively communicate to appropriate leadership to maximize efficiency.
- Know and understand the intricacies of operational market assigned; plan for acceptance of loads. Utilize independent judgement and network decision support tool to plan for acceptance of loads; to assign loads to trucks; to ensure customers' service requirements are met.
- Responsible for the successful dispatch of planned loads and subsequent ownership of loads for assigned area.
- Coordinate fleet capacity needs with operations leadership and drivers; work closely with designated department teams to manage and maintain customer trailer pools. Collaborate with other planning center teams to coordinate network needs/opportunities, and create and execute agreed upon strategic plans.
- Make decisions and communicate late pickups and/or deliveries, as well as any other load changes, cancellations or reassignments to appropriate department personnel.
- Use independent judgement and discretion to comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations & Safety Compliance guidelines; to validate driver hours of service to safely and legally facilitate the planning of loads; to honor specific driver/company requests related to operations/safety training; to research driver issues regarding non-compliance items (overweight loads, load routing, hours of operation, equipment type, etc.); and to provide resolution accordingly to meet legal requirements. Analyze and forward unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments for resolution as needed.
- Communicate professionally, effectively, and timely with both internal and external customers/contacts.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the overall efficiency and success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Regular attendance is required to maintain a safe and productive work environment
- Perform additional managerial and business operations duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred
- Ability to communicate well and effectively with others
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train others
- Ability to solve problems and ability to work in high pressure situations, using independent judgement and discretion
- Detail oriented and computer based keyboard skills
- AS400 Experience
- Truckload Experience
High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Big G Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its workforce. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed here may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
COMPLETE APPLICATION BELOW OR SEND YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Complete Application