Extended Coverage Driver Supervisor
Mt. Juliet, TN
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 7am-7pm
Supervise over-the-road (OTR) professional drivers to ensure service, availability, and productivity to best serve customer needs, performance and profitability.
- Supervises and directs work of drivers to maximize productivity and provide safe, on-time deliveries to our valued customer base while balancing our driver’s miles, hometime, and performance.
- Supports Driver Supervisor’s plans and activities for each driver and communicates all needs/exceptions to Driver Supervisors for follow-up as needed.
- Maximize productivity and utilization of employees (drivers) and equipment (tractors/trailers) through communication and provide steps with planning, maintenance, safety, and customer service.
- Proactively make decisions to support driver utilization and service protection, within the scope of guidelines established.
- Regular attendance is required to maintain a safe and productive work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to communicate well and effectively with others (verbally and written)
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train others
- Ability to solve problems and the ability to work in high-pressure situations, using independent judgment and discretion
- Detail-oriented and computer-based keyboard skills
- AS400 Experience
- Truckload Experience
High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Big G Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its workforce. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed here may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
COMPLETE APPLICATION BELOW OR SEND YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Apply or Complete Application