As required and defined by Immediate Supervisor to accomplish job responsibilities
Perform inspection, repair and general maintenance on company equipment engaged in interstate commerce. Perform all aspects of preventative maintenance on the newest and best-maintained fleet in the industry.
- Inspection, repair and preventative maintenance of company equipment.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through quality repair/maintenance work.
- Compliance with all company guidelines and procedures.
- Complete all required documentation legibly, accurately and timely.
- Utilize company computer systems to track all work.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Big G Express Above the Rest
- Competitive wages, based on experience
- Paid weekly
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Monthly and annual bonuses
- Excellent Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Attractive schedules, three-day weekends every other week
Big G Express Apprenticeship / Tool Program - Going the Extra Mile
- Do not have tools; we will buy them for you
- Learn our professional and courteous maintenance practice alongside experienced technicians
- Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required.
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to grow in position.
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
- Willingness to travel within close proximity of terminal (close geographical area), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. Frequent use of hands is required.
- Level A Mechanic - technician must have mastered engine, transmission, power train, computer diagnostics, and troubleshooting. Five years’ experience required.
- Level B Mechanic - technician must be proficient in general truck repair and have mastered at least one trade such as trailer repair, bodywork, APU, engine or transmission. Three years’ experience required.
- ASE Certification a plus.
Must have a driver’s license, be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Big G Express, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed here may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
COMPLETE APPLICATION BELOW OR SEND YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Apply or Complete Application