Maintenance - Body Shop Repairman Shelbyville, TN
Who We Are:
Big G Express, Inc. is a 100% EMPLOYEE OWNED OTR truckload carrier headquartered in Shelbyville, Tennessee. With over 500 tractors and 1300 trailers, Big G Express provides general commodity, irregular route, and dry van truckload services to customers nationwide. Since its incorporation in 1995, Big G Express has grown to over $80 million in annual revenues and has over 600 employee owners.
Big G Express, Inc. is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities with a growing organization that takes pride in our reputation as a premier transportation provider of national goods.
Big G offers excellent benefits and competitive pay with a financially stable and secure company that has continued to grow in the economic downturn. The employee owners of Big G Express strive to provide business excellence for customers through an uncompromising commitment to safety, service, technology and integrity. Our services and solutions will meet and exceed customer expectations with a passion for performance and teamwork.
Perform safe structural and cosmetic repair of company equipment including paint application as required.
- Repair company equipment as needed - structural and cosmetic.
- Paint company equipment as needed.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through quality body shop repair work.
- Compliance with all company guidelines and procedures.
- Complete all required documentation legibly, accurately and timely.
- Utilize company computer systems to track all body shop work.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Working knowledge in the use of body shop tools required;
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to grow in position;
- Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems;
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Education Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Additional Requirements: Verifiable experience in commercial truck body shop preferred, must have a driver’s license, be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Big G Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed here may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org