Load Planner - Mt. Juliet, TN
Manage the overall planning and coordination of transportation services for the company, using his/her judgment and discretion so as to maximize the efficiency and productivity of the operation.
- Utilize independent judgement and discretion and network balance capacity tools to determine location of trucks and available customer loads; to tailor planning to meet area needs, including loads taken, routes utilized and possible changes or cancellation of load assignments; to understand daily capacity needs/opportunities and proactively communicate to appropriate leadership to maximize efficiency.
- Know and understand the intricacies of operational market assigned; plan for acceptance of loads. Utilize independent judgement and network decision support tool to plan for acceptance of loads; to assign loads to trucks; to ensure customers' service requirements are met.
- Responsible for the successful dispatch of planned loads and subsequent ownership of loads for assigned area.
- Coordinate fleet capacity needs with operations leadership and drivers; work closely with designated department teams to manage and maintain customer trailer pools. Collaborate with other planning center teams to coordinate network needs/opportunities, and create and execute agreed upon strategic plans.
- Make decisions and communicate late pickups and/or deliveries, as well as any other load changes, cancellations or reassignments to appropriate department personnel.
- Use independent judgement and discretion to comply with all Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations & Safety Compliance guidelines; to validate driver hours of service to safely and legally facilitate the planning of loads; to honor specific driver/company requests related to operations/safety training; to research driver issues regarding non-compliance items (overweight loads, load routing, hours of operation, equipment type, etc.); and to provide resolution accordingly to meet legal requirements. Analyze and forward unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments for resolution as needed.
- Communicate professionally, effectively, and timely with both internal and external customers/contacts.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates the overall efficiency and success of business operations in order to meet company demands and expectations.
- Perform additional managerial and business operations duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred
- Ability to communicate well and effectively with others
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train others
- Ability to solve problems and ability to work in high pressure situations, using independent judgement and discretion
- Detail oriented and computer based keyboard skills
Education Required: High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred.