Fleet Manager / Driver Supervisor - Mt. Juliet, TN
Manage assigned fleet of equipment and directly supervises approximately 40 employee over-the-road (OTR) professional drivers to ensure service, availability and productivity to best serve customer needs, while balancing driver miles, home time, performance and profitability.
- Supervises and directs work of drivers to maximize productivity and provide safe, on time delivery to our valued customer base while balancing the driver's miles, home time and performance.
- Responsible for managing customer delivery commitments which includes supervising driver time off requests for vacations, personal time off, equipment maintenance issues and traffic delays.
- Supervise and encourage driver optimum performance and satisfaction by proactively monitoring driver wait time at shippers and consignees, dwell time between loads, address driver complaints/grievances and take action on behalf of the driver as needed, including determining when additional pay is appropriate, approved and in process.
- Insure prompt payroll processing for drivers with proactive steps and communication with payroll department as needed.
- Maximize productivity and utilization of assigned fleet of equipment and employee over-the-road (OTR) professional drivers through communication and proactive steps with maintenance, planning, safety and customer service departments.
- Compute daily checklist to ensure compliance with company goals (KPIs) and verification of all fundamental accomplished.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to communicate well and effectively with others (verbally and written)
- Ability to transfer knowledge and train others
- Ability to solve problems and ability to work in high pressure situations, using independent judgement and discretion
- Detail oriented and computer based keyboard skills
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please send in your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org