Executive Director of Maintenance
The job of Executive Director of Maintenance was established for the purpose/s of directing the maintenance department services; providing information and serving as a resource to the VP of Maintenance; achieving defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services in compliance with Big G Express objectives as well as all relevant guidelines, codes, and regulations; and supervising and directing assigned staff. This person will train directly under the VP of Maintenance for an undetermined amount of time.
- Provides day-to-day management and/or operating oversight of the company maintenance department.
- Develops and implements plans targeted to promote the growth and enhancement of Big G maintenance department functions and services.
- Works with Big G management team to insure safe and efficient company operations.
- Assesses incidents, complaints, etc. (driver truck complaints, suggestions, concerns, department staffing, etc.) for the purpose of resolving or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Collaborates with internal and external personnel (e.g. other administrators, public agencies, transportation regulation agencies, vendors, etc.) for the purpose of implementing and/or maintaining services and programs.
- Directs department operations for the purpose of providing services within established time frames and in compliance with related requirements.
- Facilitates and/or participates in meetings and workshops, etc. for the purpose of identifying issues, developing recommendations, supporting other staff.
- Performs personnel functions (e.g. interviewing, evaluating, supervising, counseling, disciplining, directing, training, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining adequate staffing, enhancing productivity of personnel and achieving department objectives within budget.
- Recommends policies, procedures and/or actions related to Big G Express maintenance department for the purpose of providing direction for meeting the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after standard hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize a variety of job related equipment. Independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working with multiple projects, frequent interruptions, and changing work priorities; working with detailed information/data and maintaining accurate records; maintaining confidentiality; and facilitating communication between company personnel.
- Keyboard skills, working knowledge of PC and AS400, Excel, Word, ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, excellent time management skills, strong analytical skills, interpersonal skills and communication skills required.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com