Driver Recruiter - Shelbyville, TN
Recruit, hire and retain experienced professional drivers for company trucking fleet. Under general supervision, this position performs a variety of activities in support of functional areas of recruiting and human resources departments. Maintains, processes, reviews, and compiles a variety of confidential and sensitive electronic and hard copy reports, records, statistics, timelines, tables and correspondence which requires tact and discretion in handling. Primary contacts are within the recruiting department and with professional driver applicants with occasional contact with management and representatives of outside organizations.
- Conduct preliminary review of applications to ensure applicant meets hiring criteria.
- Contact and recruit applicants within 24-48 hours of receiving application.
- Provide applicants with information regarding Big G Express, its programs, pay and benefits.
- Run background reports to qualify professional truck drivers for company trucking fleet.
- Schedule and confirm qualified drivers for Orientation class.
- Enter new driver data into company computer systems.
- Retention of company professional drivers.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Regular attendance is required to maintain a safe and productive work environment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry preferred.
- Sales experience is required
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to establish priorities.
- Ability to identify issues and solve routine problems.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task, highly motivated.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, heavy phone environment is essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Recruiting experience in the transportation industry
- Sales experience, preferably on the phone or in a call center environment
- Customer service experience
Education Required: High School Diploma or GED, Associate's degree preferred. Minimum of two (2) years experience in field related to specialized functional area required.
Please send in your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org