Inspecting and maintaining the mechanical and electrical systems of our trailers, servicing and repairing trailer, compiling inspection reports, and ensuring that trailers are compliant with Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Responsible for all preventive and corrective maintenance actions of trailing equipment
- Inspect, trouble shoot, diagnose, and perform maintenance on trailer shop equipment
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepares safety documents required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations
- Interpret repair orders and technical manuals
- Repair, adjust and replace minor and major interior/exterior equipment components
- Repair or replace flooring, rub rails, doors and door trim
- Repair roofs, panels, nose panels, lower and upper rails
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations
- If qualified, maintain, replace, and adjust frame and suspension components, vehicle coupling components and air and brake systems
- Remove and replace brake systems and wheel end components
- Repair or replace chassis components such as springs, spring hangers, equalizers, complete slider assemblies, axles, and sub frames
- Repair electrical and lighting systems
- Repair mud flap brackets and dolly leg assembles
- Be willing to weld various structural and non-structural trailer components
- Regular and prompt attendance is required.
- Conform to all safety and health standard
- Knowledge of trailer PM’S and Inspection
- Knowledge of trailer air brake system
- Knowledge of trailer electrical system
- Knowledge of trailer body work
- Knowledge of trailer rear door work
- Knowledge of trailer suspensions
- Knowledge of trailer wheels and tires
- Knowledge of overall trailer repairs
- Exceptional understanding of mechanical and technical information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Manual dexterity, experience with hand tools, and physical strength.
- Vocational school certification or completion of apprenticeship preferred
- Safety oriented, great attention to detail
- Ability to operate various hand tools and heavy equipment
- Detail oriented, strong problem-solving skills
- Some knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
- Some knowledge of mechanical, electrical and electronic vehicle and equipment components
Big G Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. The statements contained in this document are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed within this document may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Quick Apply or Complete Application