Risk Compliance Safety Coordinator
Mt Juliet, TN
0800 – 1800 and as required by supervisor
To provide day to day support to the Risk Compliance Department and to work as a team member in helping to determine, plan, develop, and implement company-wide safety, risk management and loss control programs. Investigate safety related events, and review reports and findings of regulatory agency inspections in order to provide a safe work place for all employees. Ensure all driver qualification files are accurate, complete, and in compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations as well as meet company hiring standards and criteria.
- Serves as point of contact in all areas relating to FMCSA regulations, OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and safety related matters.
- Stays ahead of regulatory requirements and proactively seeks out ways to voluntarily increase safety within the workplace.
- Coordinate and conduct new driver orientation training as needed.
- Responsible for Learning Management System and tracking results for completion and accuracy.
- Prepare various compliance documents and reports as needed.
- Monitor onboard camera and telematics systems and coach drivers as needed for safety and performance improvement.
- Perform road tests as needed.
- Assist, plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations including FMCSA, OSHA and TOSHA (Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration).
- Responsible for compliance of electronic logging devices (ELD) and hours of service (HOS) in compliance with FMCSA Regulations, including training for drivers and transportation team members.
- Perform daily updates and regularly review data in driver qualification files for accuracy and compliance with FMCSA Regulations.
- Perform drug and alcohol screening at various locations as needed.
- Summarize driver performance and department performance on a weekly basis and provide monthly analysis reports.
- Oversee the Clean Truck Program and conduct random inspections and monitor performance for all locations.
- Regularly monitor safety requirements and legislation; work with key organizational stakeholders to ensure proper lead time and awareness occurs.
- Coordinate, schedule and track results of safety training courses.
- Complete and maintain the annual review process.
- Perform additional duties as assigned or as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to interact courteously and tactfully with drivers, in-house employees and vendors.
- Positive attitude and highly motivated.
- Work in a fast paced, change-oriented environment.
- Good computer skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database management.
- Class A CDL
- Thorough understanding of FMCSA/OSHA requirements and regulations.
Bachelor’s degree preferred; or three to five years minimum related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Big G Express is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks to diversify its work force. Therefore, all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. The statements contained in this document are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions and duties. Other duties besides those listed within this document may be essential. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
COMPLETE APPLICATION BELOW OR SEND YOUR RESUME DIRECTLY TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quick Apply or Complete Application